What is eENVplus?
This will be achieved through the harmonisation and integration, within an operational framework, of existing services resulting from previous European initiatives (funded projects, good practices, EU/national/local experiences) and it will allow overcaming of cross-border/languages barriers.
eENVplus provides not only the ICT infrastructure but also the documentation and support to ensure delivery of an operational infrastructure and which can become profitable, based on a well-defined organisational model and a tutored training framework.
European projects background
- NESIS – A Network to enhance a European Environmental Shared and Interoperable Information System (ICT PSP project)
- NATURE-SDIplus – Best Practice Network for SDI in Nature Conservation (eContentplus project)
- BRISEIDE – Bridging services, information and data for Europe (ICT PSP project)
- OneGeology Europe – Making digital geological spatial data more easily discoverable, accessible and useable
- HUMBOLDT – Towards the Harmonisation of Spatial Information in Europe (FP6 GMES project)
- CAFE – Technical IT solutions for data exchange and reporting under the CAFE Directive using INSPIRE services
The project development will be articulated according to a cyclic implementation approach typical of agile software life-cycle methodologies.”
- Administrations and public bodies/agencies at different levels
- Providers of environmental services
- Providers of IT services
- Research groups
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) and Citizens
- National Environmental Authorities (National Environmental Agencies, EIONET, Environment authorities at EU level)
- Local and Regional Environmental Authorities (starting from partners‘ networks)
- Thematic Communities (European Topic Centers, INSPIRE National Contact Point, etc.)
- Private Sector and SMEs